Saturday, May 5, 2012

A B C ... A Button Craft

I was searching on the Internet for some odds and ends to use in a piece of jewelry I'm creating for a show at the gallery that carries some of my bracelets. It has a cat theme, so I have already found some relevant charms and buttons. Wanting some other bits to use, I thought about looking for buttons or charms with initials or letters to spell out a specific word that would be intermingled with the other stuff. Suddenly I came to this site and was fascinated by the idea of sewing initials onto nine hole buttons. 

Why, I could do that, I thought, and went over to my stash...

...only to find, yes, you guessed it, they are all either one, two, three or four hole. not a 9-hole in site. Duh!

I won't bore you with the rest of this tale, as you either have to make them with sculpey clay or purchase them from the German site. I do want to share the website, Style-Files, where I found this cute idea.

 

They actually found it via the designers on a German website ABC Button .
                 

On the spur of the moment, because I was so taken with them, I pinned the picture to my Brilliant Buttons board on Pinterest. Several minutes later, over fifty people had either re-pinned it or 'liked' it! There is definitely some buttonmania going on out there!

1 comment:

carol l mckenna said...

Brava ~ way to go ~ buttons are always fascinating ~ great find ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^